2014 FAITH IN ACTION RECIPIENT
Amanda Treadway Hefferon has been selected to be this year’s Faith in Action Award Recipient from the First Baptist Church of Rochester.
From the Faith In Action Program: Amanda Hefferon has chosen to put her "faith into action" by agreeing to lead our Missions and Outreach Committee. Among many other duties, she has embraced building a relationship with Chaplain Widboom at Rochester Psychiatric Center and then with residents of RPC. The committee sponsors a dinner with a group of RPC residents each month. It provides a time of fellowship and support with people who may soon be living on their own in our Greater Rochester community.
What is Faith In Action?
Each year the Greater Rochester Community of Churches gathers various faith communities in the area to recognize those people who give of themselves in daily tasks benefiting the needs of others. At an annual dinner we celebrate those that put their "faith into action" as an expression of God's love and work in the world. Click here for this year's dinner information.
- 2013, Ms. Amy Dickason
- 2012, Ms. Rose Welch Sparnecht
- 2011, Mr. Richard Wien
- 2010, Mrs. Susan Boulay, Mr. & Mrs. Peter & Suzette Boulay,
and Mrs. Brenda Williams, posthumously
- 2009, Mrs. Barbara Dinse and Mr. & Dr. Bion & Marilyn McClellan
- 2008, Rev. Barbara J. Wolin
- 2007, Mrs. Bernice Blake
- 2006, The Richardson Family
- 2005, Mr. & Mrs. Wally & Marge Pensgen
- 2004, Mr. & Mrs. John & Rachel Hargarther
- 2003, Dr. & Mrs. Richard & JoAnn Trolley
- 2002, Mrs. Julie Waterman & Mr. Jim Morrison
- 2001, Dr. & Mrs. Kenneth & Sally Dodgson
- 2000, No Faith In Action Celebration
- 1999, Mrs. Lois Whitcomb
- 1998, Mr. & Mrs. Gilbert & Katherine McCurdy
- 1997, Dr. Alfred Ginkel
- 1996, Mr. Wayne Smith & Mrs. Sally Dodgson
- 1995, Mr. David Hunt
- 1994, Mrs. Jane Gilman