Sunday Forum provides education and discussion time on a wide variety of topics that range from who we are as American Baptists, specific instruction on areas or topics in the Bible, and ministry or mission-focused topics of interest to our congregation. We also deal with social, religious and political issues that we must face in our daily lives.
Forum is held at 11:30 a.m. during the program year in the Chapel. Why don't you grab a snack and gather with us to continue your life-long learning journey.
- May 25:
- Memorial Day Weekend, No Forum - Forum has concluded for the program year.
- May 18:
- What's new in the FBC Library? with Librarian Nan Wilson
- May 11:
- Mother's Day, No Forum
- May 4:
- Feed back and planning for next year's Sunday Forum with Cheryl Frank, Adult Formation Coordinator
- April 27:
- Updates regarding the mental health population, with Amanda Treadway.
- April 20:
- Easter Sunday, no forum
- April 13:
- Palm Sunday, no forum
- April 6:
- A conversation with Rochester mayor, Lovely Warren.
- March 23:
- Alexander Technique Part II: Praying the Scripture and Hymnody with full-body awareness, with Katie Fittipaldi.
- March 16:
- A Young Professional's Journey: An upcoming mission trip to the Dominican Republic, with one of our members, Sarah Oaks.
- March 2:
- A Conversation with Mark Assini, Gates Town Supervisor, and Candidate for US Congress.
- March 9:
- Youth Brunch following Worship - No Forum this week.
All proceeds go to Cameron Bowl-a-thon to support Cameron Community Ministries.
- February 23:
- The State of the Nation: A Congressperson's Perspective, with Representative Louise Slaughter.
- February 16:
- The Memory Care Program, with Frederick Marshall, M.D., Director.
- February 2:
- A Tale of Two Rochesters, Dr. Marvin McMickle, President CRCDS
- January 26:
- Annual Meeting
- January 19:
- How Alexander Technique can enhance your spiritual practice, with M. AmSAT Alexander Technique Teacher, Katie Fittipaldi.
Learn whole body awareness while praying, singing, knitting, even cleaning the house, to avoid injury and enhance enjoyment of life.
- January 12:
- Albany Perspectives - An inside look at the upcoming 2014 Legislative Session, with NY State Assemblyman Bob Oaks.
- January 5:
- A conversation on what to expect during our time of transition, with Rev. Cliff Houston.