Sunday Forum provides education and discussion time on a wide variety of topics that range from who we are as American Baptists, specific instruction on areas or topics in the Bible, and ministry or mission-focused topics of interest to our congregation. We also deal with social, religious and political issues that we must face in our daily lives.
Forum is held at 11:30 a.m. during the program year in the Chapel. Why don't you grab a snack and gather with us to continue your life-long learning journey.
- October 4, 2015
- No Forum
Join us as we gather together for Body Building: A Sharing Fellowship. Each Communion (First) Sunday we will build up the body of Christ through intergenerational fellowship, sharing, stories, learning, and prayer. Our first theme was Celebrate Diversity.
- September 27, 2015
- Courageous Acts of Justice - Ending Racism: How to Change with Ivan Marable
- September 20, 2015
- What is United Mission? with ABCUSA General Board Member, Tasha Wilson
- Summer hiatus
- May 17, 2015
- Share your feedback: Planning for next year's Sunday Forums, with Cheryl Frank
- May 10, 2015
- Mother's Day: No forum
- May 3, 2015
- Church Council will share and further discuss and test with the congregation their identification of potential FBCR's Core Values following numerous months and many hours of work.
- April 26, 2015
- 21st Century Church Absolutes, with Pastor Cliff. An in-depth look at what Pastor Cliff shared with the congregation at the Annual Meeting.
- April 19, 2015
- Sermon Discussion and Creating Space for the Next Generation with David Hertweck, District Youth Director of New York Youth Ministries
- April 12
- C. S. Lewis: The Most Converted Man I Ever Knew, with Pastor Cliff
- April 5, 2015
- Easter: No Forum
- March 29, 2015
- Palm Sunday: No Forum
- March 22, 2015
- Sermon discussion and bible study with Sister Barbara Moore, Prof. of preaching and practical theology at CRCDS.
- March 15
- Who are the Mennonites, and how are they related to Baptists? with Arnie Pedersen
- March 8, 2015
- A discussion with ABCRGR Executive Minister Alan Newton about our Pastoral Search Committee process.
- March 1, 2015
- Conkey Cruisers: A nurse's amazing effort to bring physical fitness to her neighborhood, with Theresa Bowick, RN, Founder and Cruise Captain
- February 22, 2015
- Moms Out Front: A Grassroots Response to Climate Change with Susan Hughes Smith.
- An intergenerational discussion: Civil Rights, the movie - Selma, and Current Race Relations.
- February 8, 2015
- No Forum so all can go to the movie Selma for a discussion next week.
- February 1, 2015
- Sermon Discussion: Meet with Pastor Cliff to discuss the sermon of the day.
- January 25, 2015
- Annual Meeting: Immediately following worship, we will adjorn to Hubbell Hall for refreshment and our annual meeting.
- January 18, 2015
- A Fireside Chat with the Council: Members of the Church Council will be present to talk with the congregation about topics of interest in the church.
- January 11, 2015
- Food Justice: Connecting communities to locally
owned farms with quality food and living-wage jobs. Discussion led by Elizabeth Henderson from Peacework Organic Farm, Newark, NY.
- December 21 though January 4
- No Forum: We will take a short hiatus for the Holidays.
- December 14, 2014
- Trustees: Early projections for the 2015 budget.
- December 7, 2014
- Youth Group & Leaders: The youth will share their experiences at convention with the congregation.
- November 23 & 30, 2014
- Labyrinth: Take a pilgrimage in prayer and contemplation as a labyrinth is set up in the chapel for your reflection in Thanksgiving and Advent preparation.
- November 16, 2014
- No Forum: Gather as a congregation in Hubbell Hall for our Celebrate Generosity Luncheon.
- November 9, 2014
- Relay for Life: A life-changing fundraiser- A conversation will be led by Hillary Gozigian, from the American Cancer Society with Peter Boulay
- November 2, 2014
- Amy Dickason: A time of sharing on how to talk with your children or grandchildren about God and faith.
- October 26, 2014
- Sarah Oaks shares her experience from her mission trip to Guatemala.
- October 19, 2014
- Emma Preuss shares her experience as a member of the NY State American Baptist Youth Cabinet.
- October 12, 2014
- NO FORUM: Columbus Day Weekend
- October 5, 2104
- Kevin Bell shares his experience as an army chaplain in Iraq.
- September 28, 2014
- NO FORUM: Congregational Meeting
Forum begins new program year next week.
Feburary 15, 2015: Canceled due to weather