Sunday Forum provides education and discussion time on a wide variety of topics that range from who we are as American Baptists, specific instruction on areas or topics in the Bible, and ministry or mission-focused topics of interest to our congregation. We also deal with social, religious and political issues that we must face in our daily lives.
Forum is held at 11:30 a.m. during the program year in the Chapel. Why don't you grab a snack and gather with us to continue your life-long learning journey.
- March 22
- Sermon discussion and bible study with Sister Barbara Moore, Prof. of preaching and practical theology at CRCDS.
- March 15
- Who are the Mennonites, and how are they related to Baptists? with Arnie Pedersen
- March 8
- A discussion with ABCRGR Executive Minister Alan Newton about our Pastoral Search Committee process.
- March 1
- Conkey Cruisers: A nurse's amazing effort to bring physical fitness to her neighborhood, with Theresa Bowick, RN, Founder and Cruise Captain
- February 22
- Moms Out Front: A Grassroots Response to Climate Change with Susan Hughes Smith.
- An intergenerational discussion: Civil Rights, the movie - Selma, and Current Race Relations.
- February 8
- No Forum so all can go to the movie Selma for a discussion next week.
- February 1
- Sermon Discussion: Meet with Pastor Cliff to discuss the sermon of the day.
- January 25
- Annual Meeting: Immediately following worship, we will adjorn to Hubbell Hall for refreshment and our annual meeting.
- January 18
- A Fireside Chat with the Council: Members of the Church Council will be present to talk with the congregation about topics of interest in the church.
- January 11
- Food Justice: Connecting communities to locally
owned farms with quality food and living-wage jobs. Discussion led by Elizabeth Henderson from Peacework Organic Farm, Newark, NY.
- December 21 though January 4
- No Forum: We will take a short hiatus for the Holidays.
- December 14
- Trustees: Early projections for the 2015 budget.
- December 7
- Youth Group & Leaders: The youth will share their experiences at convention with the congregation.
- November 23 & 30
- Labyrinth: Take a pilgrimage in prayer and contemplation as a labyrinth is set up in the chapel for your reflection in Thanksgiving and Advent preparation.
- November 16
- No Forum: Gather as a congregation in Hubbell Hall for our Celebrate Generosity Luncheon.
- November 9
- Relay for Life: A life-changing fundraiser- A conversation will be led by Hillary Gozigian, from the American Cancer Society with Peter Boulay
- November 2
- Amy Dickason: A time of sharing on how to talk with your children or grandchildren about God and faith.
- October 26
- Sarah Oaks shares her experience from her mission trip to Guatemala.
- October 19
- Emma Preuss shares her experience as a member of the NY State American Baptist Youth Cabinet.
- October 12
- NO FORUM: Columbus Day Weekend
- October 5
- Kevin Bell shares his experience as an army chaplain in Iraq.
- September 28
- NO FORUM: Congregational Meeting
Forum begins new program year next week.
- Summer Hiatus for Forum. See you in the fall!
- May 25:
- Memorial Day Weekend, No Forum - Forum has concluded for the program year.
- May 18:
- What's new in the FBC Library? with Librarian Nan Wilson
- May 11:
- Mother's Day, No Forum
- May 4:
- Feed back and planning for next year's Sunday Forum with Cheryl Frank, Adult Formation Coordinator
- April 27:
- Updates regarding the mental health population, with Amanda Treadway.
- April 20:
- Easter Sunday, no forum
- April 13:
- Palm Sunday, no forum
- April 6:
- A conversation with Rochester mayor, Lovely Warren.
Feburary 15: Canceled due to weather
- March 23:
- Alexander Technique Part II: Praying the Scripture and Hymnody with full-body awareness, with Katie Fittipaldi.
- March 16:
- A Young Professional's Journey: An upcoming mission trip to the Dominican Republic, with one of our members, Sarah Oaks.
- March 9:
- Youth Brunch following Worship - No Forum this week.
All proceeds go to Cameron Bowl-a-thon to support Cameron Community Ministries.
- March 2:
- A Conversation with Mark Assini, Gates Town Supervisor, and Candidate for US Congress.